Volunteer at Perry Memorial
Our “Gold Coat Program” offers many services to the visitors and staff at Perry Memorial. New volunteers are always welcome.
Do you enjoy walking in a climate controlled environment, meeting new people and providing a helpful hand to others? Whether you prefer lots of exercise or a stationary job, want to socialize or prefer to work alone, we have room for you in our family of caregivers. On the day of volunteering, Gold Coats may enjoy a free meal in our Park Avenue Café. The pay may not be great…but the smiles and the “Thank You” that you receive from everyone make your experience a lot of fun!
Gold Coats provide some of the following services here at Perry Memorial Hospital:
• Greet patients and visitors to PMH
• Regularly staff Information and Welcome desks at our Medical Office Building, Main Entrance and Outpatient Entrance
• Direct patients and visitors when needed
• Assist patients in wheelchairs
• Daily mail delivery between Hospital departments
• Special internal deliveries
• Shredding pick-up
• Transport specimens to the Laboratory
• Deliver packages and mail to patients
• Transport discharged patients to exits where family is waiting
• Special requests such as: putting together packets of information, making copies and stuffing envelopes
If you are interested in volunteering at PMH, or for more information, please contact Alecia Weber, Volunteer Coordinator, by calling 815-876-2254.